As the charitable arm of the firm, HHG Giving Back is our commitment to the community. Over the last twenty years there have been significant and unprecedented cuts to Legal Aid funding, placing vulnerable individuals further at risk. To lessen this gap, HHG Giving Back provides free legal assistance clinics and not-for-profit sponsorships, ensuring that help is accessible to those in need.
Despite their immeasurable contribution to the community, not-for-profit organisations across Western Australian are struggling to keep their doors open. Since 2015, we’ve been fighting against this trend, delivering $450,000 of financial and pro-bono assistance to three key charities.
We are currently supporting:
- Fresh Start Recovery Program (started by Dr George O’Neil to treat drug addiction).
- Hagar Australia (a specialist aftercare agency that works with women and children who have survived extreme abuse or trafficking).
- Path of Hope (an organization providing assistance and resources to women vulnerable to, or currently experiencing, domestic violence).
Free Legal Assistance Clinics
Our free legal assistance clinics are open to all, no matter how simple or complex the advice required is. Short, sharp and free of charge, these appointments are run by award-winning lawyers across Perth, Mandurah and Albany.
Through these clinics, we can provide legal aid and information on the following:
- Explaining Court procedures;
- Explaining alternatives to Court;
- Interpreting legal documents;
- Assisting in writing brief letters;
- Referring you to external organisations or individuals who may assist your circumstances;
- General advice.
Our free legal assistance clinics are open every Wednesday between 4pm – 5pm. Call 1800 609 945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your 15 minute appointment at any of our three locations.
Email Hotline for Victims of Domestic Violence and Elder Abuse
HHG Giving Back has also set up an email helpline for victims of domestic violence and another worsening community problem – elder abuse. The email address email@example.com is for anyone who needs generic information about their options and when they should contact the Police. Incoming emails are monitored personally by Managing Director and Family Law Specialist, Simon Creek.
“It is unacceptable that community legal funding is being cut just when reports of domestic violence are at higher levels than ever before. On average, one woman is killed every week in Australia from domestic violence. Law firms have an opportunity to help close the gap left by reduced funding.” Managing Director and Family Law Specialist, Simon Creek.
In addition to our charitable giving through our major HHG Giving Back initiatives, HHG Legal Group is also committed to supporting the community through community sponsorships and active memberships with important community organisations, facilitating an active and involved culture of giving that makes a difference to the people of WA. We currently or have previously sponsored, and supported, a large number of business associations and community groups across the state including the following:
- Albany Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Albany Classic
- Albany Sharks Football Club
- Albany Tennis Academy
- Alzhiemer’s WA
- Arthritis Foundation
- Bunbury Repertory Club
- Bunbury Surf Life Saving Club
- Cancer Council
- Challenge Literature
- The Chief Justice’s Youth Appeal
- Compassion Australia;
- Dalkeith Nedlands Junior Football Club;
- Diabetes WA;
- Dolphin Discovery Centre
- HBF Run for a Reason;
- The Heart Foundation;
- Joondalup Business Association
- The National Probono Aspirational Target;
- Path of Hope
- Peel Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Peel Thunder Football Club
- PCYC (Albany) – helping disadvantaged children attend Circus Quirkus for over 10 years;
- Ronald McDonald House;
- Rotary Club of Perth;
- The Salvation Army – Salvation Army Christmas Appeal
- South West Connect
- St Vinnies;
- Subiaco AFC Junior Football Club
- Swimming WA
The charitable arm of:
- ACCI "Business of the Year" Award;
- ACCI Business After Hours;
- AICD Albany Regional Series;
- Albany "Around the Table" Business Updates;
- Albany Netball Association;
- Albany Regional Hospital Ball;
- Albany Surf Life Saving Club;
- Albany Tennis Academy;
- Albany Women's Basketball Team "The Dreamers";
- Auskick City Beach;
- Business News 40 Under 40 Awards - Simon Creek a former winner and past judge;
- Business News Rising Stars Awards - former winner (2010) and Murray Thornhill a current judge
- Fresh Start Black Tie Dinner;
- HHG Charity Cocktail Party;
- Mount Barker Community College;
- Mount Barker Golf Club;
- Mount Barker Junior Football Club;
- Mount Barker Probus;
- Mount Barker Wine Producers - Grapes and Gallops Festival;
- Mount Barker Youth Care;
- Narpanup Ladies Golf;
- Qantas Wine Show;
- Railways Cricket Team (Albany);
- "Taste of the True North" at Linton and Kaye Contemporary Gallery;
- The Law Society, Young Lawyers Quiz Night; and
- Vintage Blues and Jazz Festival at Wignalls Winery.