Are you aware of your obligations as an employer?
Employment Law helps protect workers and employers, it defines the relationship between the employer and the employee. Knowledge of employment law is crucial for both parties to protect their rights. Awareness of these laws can save an employee from being taken advantage of and similarly an employer can protect their business operations.
Topics to be covered are:
- Is minimum wage really the minimum?
- Does an Award and/or agreement apply to my employees?
- Determining employee entitlements (wages, overtime, commission, leave, allowances)
- Can I contract out of employee entitlements? If so, which ones and how?
- Consequences of incorrect entitlements – on the company AND individual directors and managers
- Practical steps to take to protect yourself and your business
Details as follows:
DATE: Wednesday, 16 October 2019
TIME: 5.00pm to 6.30pm
ADDRESS: Level 1, 16 Parliament Place, West Perth WA
RSVP: Please register through our event management system
- building & construction;
- manufacturing, warehouse & logistics;
- hospitality & tourism; and
We look forward to seeing you at this upcoming event.