Join Blair Campbell, Special Counsel in Commercial Law & Dispute Resolution, and Gemma Wheeler-Carver, Associate in Employment Law & Dispute Resolution, for a full-day masterclass at the Institute of Public Accountants.
Employment Law Fundamentals – Gemma Wheeler-Carver
- Overview of Australia’s employment legislation and regulators
- Contractor vs Employee
- The employment agreement
- Modern Awards and the specific clauses you should watch out for
- Workplace health and safety obligations
- How to deal with discrimination, harassment & bullying allegations
- Paying your employees correctly
- Ending employment, performance management, and the associated risks
- Post-employment restraints and their enforceability
Data Breaches Scheme and the Privacy Act – Blair Campbell
- What is the legislation
- How is it applicable / so important to accountants and other professional services providers
- Reporting the breach and steps you will be required to take
- Penalties for not reporting the breach
- Tips to avoid future breaches and protecting your clients’ data
In this seminar, you will also hear from speakers in the fields of franchise and commercial lease law, and contract law.
Friday, 12 March 2021
9:00am – 4:00pm
Institute of Public Accountants
Level 4, 1008 Hay Street,
Perth, WA 6000
To find out more about this event and to register please visit the Institute of Public Accountants website here.