Our criminal defence lawyers represent clients who have been (or might be) facing criminal charges. They practice in a variety of jurisdictions within the WA criminal justice system and represent clients at all stages of the criminal process, from initial representation in police stations, to bail applications, directions hearings, trials and appeals. They apply their tenacity, and combined experience and knowledge, to achieve outstanding results for their clients.
Types of criminal charges our defence lawyers provide legal advice on:
- Domestic violence offences
- Assault/ other violent offences
- Murder/ manslaughter/ homicide
- Drug offences
- Public nuisance/ public order offences
- Obstructing police and other offences against police
- Fraud/ other dishonesty offences
- Burglary/ break and enter
- Wilful damage
- Sexual offences
- Offences against children
- Child pornography offences
- Weapons Act offences
- Work Safe Offences and WorkCover Prosecutions
- Marine and Fisheries offences
- Environmental protection offences
- Computer hacking offences
- Perjury and contempt of court
- Tax crime
- Corporations Act offences
- Liquor Act offences
- Commonwealth Criminal Code offences
- Confiscation/proceeds of crime matters
Our criminal defence lawyers will give you peace of mind at every stage:
- Pre-interview advice, prior to a police interview
- Attending the police station when required
- Bail applications
- Directions hearings
- Criminal trials and appeals
What do criminal defence lawyers do?
Criminal lawyers represent you during what is sometimes the most difficult time in your life.
If you have been (or might be) charged by police, we make sure those charges are correct, and that the police have enough (lawfully obtained) evidence against you to prove the charge. If they do not, we will challenge the police for you in court. Even if they do, we can represent you in court and get you the very best outcome.
To find out what we can do for you specifically, contact us.
When should I call a lawyer if I am facing criminal charges?
You should always seek legal advice if you are unsure about your rights, or if you have a charge pending and you don’t know what might happen. Contact us to get initial advice about your specific circumstances.
Where are our lawyers located?
We have offices in Perth, Joondalup, Mandurah, Bunbury and Albany, but have experience representing and advising clients throughout regional and remote areas in WA. Our criminal defence lawyers can travel to any court in WA, and are willing to assist you no matter where in WA you may be.