If you have been charged with a criminal offence or traffic offence, HHG Legal Group’s criminal defence lawyers will provide you with some of the best legal representation in Perth. Our dedicated and experienced team can confidently represent you in any criminal case, providing legal representation and service of superior standards of quality
The outstanding results consistently achieved by our team reflect the ability, commitment, and skill of each of the individual solicitors – but what makes the HHG criminal law team one of the best, is the way we work as a team to get the best outcome, for every client, every time. We know that if one of our criminal lawyers can achieve excellence, then by working together our criminal defence team will achieve the best possible results for every single one of our clients.
By retaining our Perth criminal lawyers, you can relax, knowing your case is being fiercely defended by criminal lawyers whose knowledge and experience, and tireless commitment, will protect your legal rights.
You can also rest assured that you’ll not only receive the best representation, but you’ll also be supported, guided, and kept properly informed, at every stage of the criminal law proceedings.
If you need emergency assistance out-of-hours please contact our Criminal Lawyer, Lisa Riley on (08) 9211 2626 or Criminal Lawyer, Fintan Roberts on (08) 9211 2616.
Our Criminal Lawyers can help you with:
Our criminal defence team specialises in all types of criminal offences, traffic offences, and ‘quasi’ criminal offences (like Work Safe prosecutions, Workers Compensation fraud, and regulatory offences).
They can also help you apply for a restraining order or help defend you against having one put in place and assist you with care and protection (Department of Child Protection) proceedings.
- Care and Protection (DCP) Matters
- Criminal Charges
- Family Violence Restraining Order
- Misconduct Restraining Order
- Regulatory Matters
- Traffic Charges and Traffic Law
- Violence Restraining Order
Dedicated & Experienced Perth Criminal Lawyers
Our criminal lawyers understand how stressful criminal, traffic, and other court proceedings can be. We will assist you every step of the way so you understand the process, your options and the likely consequences. We provide committed, passionate advocacy and thorough, comprehensive advice.
In circumstances where your reputation, livelihood and liberty may be at stake, your choice of legal representation is of paramount importance. Make sure you are being represented by some one of Perth’s best criminal law team: the team at HHG Legal Group.
If you require legal advice please contact us as soon as possible. The earlier we get involved, the better the outcome will be.
Where are our Criminal Lawyers Located?
Criminal Lawyers near me
We have offices in Perth, Joondalup, Mandurah, Bunbury and Albany, but have experience representing and advising clients throughout regional and remote areas in WA. Our criminal lawyers can travel to any court in WA and are willing to assist you no matter where in WA you may be.
How do we help our clients?
You – our clients – are our number one focus, and we want to to get you the absolute best outcome possible.
Our results speak for themselves:
- A two-day trial run by our senior criminal lawyer, where two co-accused were charged with assault occasioning bodily harm, resulted in an acquittal, and an order was made by the court that police pay our client $10,000.00 in costs (to cover their legal fees).
- A dangerous driving charge was discontinued after a submission was made to police by our senior criminal lawyer, and an order was made by the court that police pay our client $8,000.00 in costs (to cover their legal fees).
- In circumstances where the other party objected to the making of a VRO, we successfully negotiated a “Conduct Agreement Order” to protect our client from family violence without the need for a stressful and costly trial.
- Successfully defended a client charged with two charges of serious assault, and one charge of breaching protective bail conditions. Our client was acquitted of all three charges. Further, we were successful in an application for costs to be paid to our client by the prosecution.
- A client charged with numerous serious traffic offences (including having no authority to drive, speeding, driving with false plates, driving with illicit drugs in his blood, and reckless driving), was sentenced to a community based order and a small fine.
- A client was charged with driving on a court suspension – just a week after having that suspension imposed by the court for a charge of driving without a licence. We were able to persuade the court to impose the minimum fine and the minimum licence disqualification period.
- We represented a client charged with a very serious assault causing significant injury to the victim’s head (requiring staples to the wound). We were able to persuade the court to a Community Based Order, in circumstances where imprisonment was very much an option for the court.
- Obtained a costs order against the WA Police after successfully having an aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm charge dismissed.
- Obtained an order for the payment of costs from the solicitors guarantee fund in relation to a trial that did not go ahead due to a failure to disclose by the WA Police.
- Convinced the WA Police to discontinue a charge of
’driving whilst not authorised ’, with a written submission made despite the client being guilty of the offence. WA Police attempted to renege on the agreement. We refused to accept this and kept fighting for our client with detailed submissions until they honoured the original agreement.
- Obtained the minimum penalty on a guilty plea for reckless driving.
- A client sought our representation after being served with a VRO against him. As a result of our strategic advice, the court dismissed the VRO without the need for a trial, saving our client from the cost and inconvenience of preparing the matter for trial.
Are criminal law cases public record?
Criminal and traffic charges are generally heard in “open court”, which means members of the public can go into the courtroom and hear the case. However, usually the only people in the gallery of the courtroom are also there for the same reason as you.
If your charge results in a conviction, there might be an opportunity to ask the court to declare that conviction as “spent”. A spent conviction occurs when a person is found guilty of an offence, but the conviction is not recorded. Our team of criminal lawyers can make an argument for this on your behalf. Please contact us to ask whether this is an option for you.
If your conviction is not declared “spent”, the only way someone can see that conviction is if they obtain access to your criminal record through application. For example, if you consent to a criminal history check when applying for a job.
How can our Perth criminal lawyers help?
Our team of criminal lawyers offer quality representation in court, and legal advice. We will advocate on your behalf, and challenge the police and courts if there is not enough evidence against you for a conviction, or if there is a defence available to you.
In situations where you accept the charge, we can still advocate on your behalf regarding mitigation and penalty, to ensure the court takes into account your unique circumstances. Over the years our advocacy has been instrumental in the Court imposing appropriate and often more lenient sentences than might have been imposed otherwise.
To find out what we can do for you specifically, contact us.